name: kat
zodiac: virgo/snake
location: berklee college of music
likes: music, cats, video games, tea, piano, and you.

links
/Biao Jie /Biao Mei /Abi /Kai /Jo /Mabel /Adam /Deb /ShiChun /Jaslyn /SP Jazzband /My Myspace



{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}







{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}


Friday, February 02, 2007

....And that concludes my first year of DMAT. Overall, a very eye-opening experience, both creatively and academically. Made a couple more friends, and am much better and throwing bullshit together. Also, I have managed to progress from secondary-school emo (dammit I hate school) to existantialism-emo (shit my life is doomed).



Yesterday was the presentation of the REMT project I've been stressing over for so long. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped; guitar bit was too loud, and lecturers said that the singing was too forward. I didn't think so, though, probably because I don't like songs with the singing eaten up by the instruments.



After presentation everyone went down to the staff centre to spend the class funds. Food was ok, but I liked their waffles the most. Our lecturer came along too and we were a happy bunch of Year 1s. Seems our second year has only 2 REMT projects, both of which require a whole semester to complete. One of them involves recording a song, SOLO, and with our OWN singing :O



Just as well I've been working on something for the past few days, only problem now is that if I want to hand it in I'll have to perform it myself. Originally I was gonna get a guy to sing it, but noooo.......... It's sort of 60% complete, just needs a bridge, solo, and better lyrics. I don't want to make it too emo. I'm sick of emo songs, I'm sure our song was the most emo out of all the other presentations T.T



So, apart from my creative endeavours, I decided this would be a good time to go job-hunting. Went down to Novena and wandered around all afternoon. Ben and Jerry's just finished mass-recruitment yesterday! Arrrgh! Didn't manage to ask at Starbucks, since it was kinda crowded there. But I have a job interview at Haagen Dahz tomorrow, though. 0.o I didn't know you needed interviews to scoop ice cream. Maybe there's a special way to do it, or they hire you based on how perfect a sphere you can dig up? Will they ask me for a scooping audition? Whip out a ruler and calculator to see if it adds up to 4/3πr^3?



Aargh I spelt "calculator" as "calculater" >.<



Hopefully I can get a job there, so I don't have to do anymore walking around. And they have a games/manga shop opposite at United, so that should keep me happy. It shouldn't be too hard to learn the stuff at HD; you just dig out a scoop and fling it at peoples' heads or something......



Taken the Brain quiz http://www.mybraintrainer.com/ My brain age is 43.....nooo, I'm not senile..... T.T


Can-of-Coke {author} posted at: 5:37 AM

0 comments



{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}