name: kat
zodiac: virgo/snake
location: berklee college of music
likes: music, cats, video games, tea, piano, and you.

links
/Biao Jie /Biao Mei /Abi /Kai /Jo /Mabel /Adam /Deb /ShiChun /Jaslyn /SP Jazzband /My Myspace



{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}







{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}


Post-videogame depression

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Char's birthday is today! She's 180 this wonderful THursday!~ Everyone shout hooray!!!!!

Met at Plaza Sing to do young person stuff (before she starts going into old person mode) like watch movies and play in arcades. We watched a family spend over 10 bucks on one of those moneyeating grab-a-toy games and laughed at them cos the toy they were aiming for eventually wound up at its original spot. Played the DDR for hands game, managed not to die so much because of O2 for practice.

Then we saw Ghost Rider. Kind of meh for me. Too much lovey-dovey, not enough violence. But the bike action was cool to watch. We pissed off the people behind us by "aaaw"ing at all the cheesy romance moments. They didn't shout at us, fortunately.

After movie I decided it was time to go home, the time being close to 6 and dinner. Spent some time emoing in front of the piano (the most emo instrument of them all). Managed to come up with a backup plan for my remt, in the event of my punk-rock song not falling through. This time round it's a more bluesy piece, which should be a bit easier to mix (I hope) since everything will be really low-key and stuff. All I know is it's within range now, all I have to worry about is the really funny pitching. And lyrics. AAAAAH!!!!! Tomorrow maybe I shall drop by school again to work on my remts, and this time I shall not forget my headphones and be left clicking in notes like a moron.

Yes, I'm obsessed with my school work. Watcha gonna do? :P



Anyway, I'm going through a down period as usual.I've finished Twilight Princess. It took me 15 days, an average of 2 hours 40 minutes per sitting; I only died at the jousting parts (not counting the times I wasn't paying attention and jumped into lava with only 1 heart left), managed to do at least half a dungeon every sitting; sessions in which I nothing but run around aimlessly chopping grass in frustration were reduced to 2, and I only consulted a guide once for one of those stupid sliding jigsaw puzzles that I was never very good at.

Therefore, there is now no more meaning to my life. I'm gonna miss vegitating in front of the TV instead of practising/studying. But since I've completed TP, I shall go into geek mode on it.

I think it was a very good game: really pretty graphics, first of all. The peoples' facial expressions weren't limited to just happy or sad. They have the cute cartoony look, like an anime, even though it's not Bishounen-o-topia like Final Fintasy. In fact, the only one with super-duper-omg-prettiness was Zelda. The scenery was very beautiful, especially the areas with water. My fav temple was the 6th (of 7) cos of the omgwtfreferences. And the overworld map is enormous, it really is 5 times the size of the other games', even though it looks like mushroom. It provides lots of horse-riding fun, and I ditched the warping in favour of riding everywhere just to admire the scenery and squash bad guys. That's probably why it took me so long to finish :P

Other thing I liked was the music (well duh). It didn't sound as midified as the other games, and I really liked the emo piano solo during the twist of the game after you beat the first 3 temples. What was really cool was that the theme music and sound effects for the bad guys were those waveforms I'd heard at school! I'd be like "Oooo a square! Oooo a sine! Kewwwwl:D" Can't really tell about the stereo, cos I think the TV's getting a bit old and broken.

The only problem was: The. Boss. Fights. Were. Too. EASY. Which made me very very sad. Yes, I don't want a boss fight that'll leave me stuck on it forever, but I want to feel like I've achieved something! Like Puppet Ganon from WW! He was super tough and I managed to kill him after 2 or 3 sittings, and when I did it felt GOOOD. The last fight in TP was.....very very easy. The Boss was slow and it wasn't hard to get hits in, even though I didn't learn all the secret optional skills. I wish there'd been more of the really fun second last fight with him, and that it had made more use of the space instead of going round and round in circles. Anyway, the boss fights were a bit too easy provide the satisfaction gleaned from doggedly smacking around a bad guy for hours. I feel a bit empty inside D:

Can't really fault the plotline, but I wish there had been more on Zelda. The frickin game's named after her, yanno! The second-last bad guy felt sort of thrown in there, I wish he'd been around longer, since 99% of the game revolved around killing him. And his...interesting evil laughter. When you hear it, you will not be able to take him seriously either.

HOWEVER~! In spite of my extremely long paragraph of complaints, that was probably due to my newfound pro-ness as a gamer (look how modest I am :D), and I did enjoy it a lot, overall, and would rec it to other people....the 3 other people I know who like Zelda and GameCube, of course.

I'll eventually get over my depression one day. Cos there are still all the sidequests!

Argh, I think the kids at the school are swimming tomorrow. DOn't know how I'll escape this one. I don't like getting sunburned; it ****ing hurts.

Plus, application form for ATCL sent in => final nail in my coffin. DOnt know how I'm gonna pass. DDDDDD8

Labels: , , , ,


Can-of-Coke {author} posted at: 7:06 AM

0 comments



{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}