name: kat
zodiac: virgo/snake
location: berklee college of music
likes: music, cats, video games, tea, piano, and you.

links
/Biao Jie /Biao Mei /Abi /Kai /Jo /Mabel /Adam /Deb /ShiChun /Jaslyn /SP Jazzband /My Myspace



{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}







{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ITP's not what I expected (furniture making, fruit-cutting), but it looks like it's starting to come out of the doing-random stuff stage and into the learning stuff stage. See, cos we started our attachment while they were in the midst of their project with MOE. Did a bit of office work on the first few days, and after that was some music-related office work: the score editing, and then quality control for the website everything was going onto.

The bosses are really friendly, and they don't seem to mind my lame jokes. Still, I should get better control over it before it reaches the point where I'm unable to switch it off. Not only for work, but for like everything. I'm not so good at knowing when enough is enough.

Anyway, I've managed to make friends with AV guy (I think he's actually amused by the lame jokes0.0) and have spent the past 2 weeks chatting about music stuff. Just talked a bit about my film composer dreams, and all the other fun outside-schoolwork music stuff I'm involved in. Yesterday he asked to hear some of my work cos he said he was curious about what stuff I could do, and if I could make it in the line I was interested in.

Except...wait what? WHAT work?! I dunno why, but I never seem to have any spare work I'm proud of with me. I can think of it in my head, dream about how to arrange it, tinker with it on the piano, but it never gets done. Maybe it's because the perfectionist in me that can never be happy that nothing is produced. Only for school do I start working, since there's the threat of deadlines and grades to dodge. Which is very possibly the reason I'm not as happy as I could be with my school stuff. Still, since I'd spent so much time working on it last year, my REMT project it was.

...

And instead of laughing at the corny lyrics, the horrible singing, and the ok-but-not-impressive mix, he said he was impressed. Well, I'm not so sure I'd call my genre of music progressive (wtf?! emo rock!), but after my rather disatrous presentation of it last year, it's nice to have some compliments. And, this could be a chance to finally do something I'm interested in, since he said I could try my hand at some composing hopefully by this week. =DDD

And now today. Supposed to be one of the final days on this MOE project, so after today or tomorrow we can all move on to new (and hopefully funner) things. Not a very eventful day at work, spent most of the time checking the site's links and streaming files. But after work it was dinner with Char and Kai!

We need to have more meetings. It's muuuch better for my mental health. Haven't laughed so much since like.......the last couple weeks. Spent all that time emoing and moping. Had dinner at Imperial Treasure at takashimaya. It's been like......the last time we all went there was in 2006 for Kai's bday.

Last time you both looked like that! And since I don't seem to hav any pics of myself I'll just have to put this one of Char's suan la tang noodles.

We went down to Hokkaido Ice Cream for dessert. Arghs, since I read that ice cream article about the bubble tea flavoured ice cream last year I've been dreaming about it, but never seem to be able to go there. And when I do go there I never have any money. But Hokkaido one was pretty good. They had all sorts of flavours there, some of them I think I might try another day: dark chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel, strawberry&blueberry (the pink one). I picked sea salt-flavoured ice cream, since I'd read about it on wikipedia, and also cos its the ice cream they eat in Kingdom Hearts. It's not really made of salt, but apparently tastes really good. It's not blue like it was in KH, nor was it on a stick, but give a little taste.......

YuMMYz~~=9 It tastes like milk ice cream, but it has a slightly salty aftertaste that makes it really refreshing! It doesn't taste flat like vanilla or anything, so I wonder what kind of flavourin they really use.

Time to get some sleep. Hope tomorrow will be productive and fun=)


Can-of-Coke {author} posted at: 6:59 AM

0 comments



{+}-{+}-{+}-{+}